Map of the Roma minority in Bulgaria

Working on the ethnic backgrounds in Bulgaria, I decided to make a new map to represent where and how many Roma live in the country. I was curious about why 5% of the population is such a “problem” for the other 95% and I chose a heat map with detail to the level of the […]

Heat map of Bulgarian population and immigration

A preview of the Bulgarian emigration I wanted to do for years, long before I even started the compact diaspora file – aka. Bulgarian minority groups in the countries recognized the bulgarian ethnic group. But searching for information turned out to be a lot more complicated and difficult, and the file was broken and lost […]

Vectorised height elevation of Bulgaria

Over the past two months, my big projects have gone into a dead end. That’s why I decided to put them aside and do something small, but also important. From various inquiries recently I saw that there was interest in altitude division of Bulgaria on various Internet projects. That’s why I also generated a small […]

Corine GIS files for Bulgaria

Corine is the European program for land cover GIS. Divided into 5 departments – 1.xx Anthropogenic sites, 2.xx Agricultural lands, 3.xx Forests and semi-natural areas, 4.xx Wetlands and 5.xx Water bodies with 44 subdivisions and covering the entire territory of Europe to Ukraine, Belarus and the Russian Federation, with only Kosovo and Switzerland absent in […]

Physiogeographic zones and areas

When enter the morphographic objects, I have presented for further use as additional data the respective region and sub-region, as well as the physical geographic area. For the sake of convenience, I combine two different zoning systems – Ivanov Zones – most popular since 1968 and Penin Region system from 2007 and became a great […]

стари имена превю

The names of the settlements in Bulgaria at the beginning of the 20th century

As part of the historical series of maps in my portfolio, after the GIS file of the old Bulgarian borders, a geojson file is prepared with the names of 1600 settlements, as they were called in the period from 1912 to early 30’s. Since liberation until now, there have been several periods of renaming of […]

карта помаци

Distribution of Pomak culture in Bulgaria

The topic of spreading the Bulgarian ethnicity and diaspora is on the agenda again . Bulgarian-Mohammedans (Pomaks) are unknown and confused matter for the regular citizen of the country, regardless of his ethnicity. Although they are often defined by themselves and others as a separate ethnic group, these are the Slavic/Bulgarian genotype, Bulgarian as mother […]

Visa requirements to Bulgarians around the world

Update November 29, 2017 At the end of 2017, the list of countries offering visa-free visit to Bulgarian expand as countries are already 111. Since Bulgaria is a member of the European Union, visa requirements for Bulgarians are becoming more and more relaxed with each year. That’s why after the map of the friendly world, […]

Карта на българския етнос

Map of the Bulgarian ethnicity

First portion of topic that has long excites me – namely Bulgarian diaspora typed at municipal level the number of Bulgarians in countries where Bulgarian ethnicity is recognized as an official part of the nation. These are countries where Bulgarians live in centuries, or at least the last 200-300 years and are not part of […]